We all know the feeling.
Spending a fortune on a website and then sitting back expecting the euros to roll in like a tsunami.
But all that rolls in is an email box full of spam and an empty bank account.
Website copywriting can fix these issues.
So what type of skills should an SEO copywriting agency have?
The best SEO copywriting agency will have a vast array of tools in their arsenal, such as, the ability to create landing pages, keyword selection, optimized blog posts, informative content, and loads more.
In this blog post, I will touch on several vital tricks that can propel your website up the Google rankings.
SEO copywriting services will understand the importance of re-optimizing existing content
Ok, you have a blog post that was created several months/years ago, and it seems to languish in the backend of the Google rankings. The best SEO copywriting services will understand that with a little tweaking they can propel this blog post up the Google rankings.
Website copywriting services
One strategy that an SEO copywriting agency can employ is to inject an existing blog post with extra keywords. SEO copywriting services can also analyze the blog post and see whether it has been optimised to its maximum degree.
One technique the best SEO copywriting services can employ is to re-optimize headings. A key factor in getting a blog to rank on Google is ensuring that your H1, H2, and H3 headings are crafted in a manner that Google will understand them.
The length of a blog will be of vital importance to an SEO copywriting agency
A key factor for a business to consider is going to be the length of any proposed blog post. An SEO copywriting agency will understand that if the keyword they are attempting to rank for is a high-value keyword with a lot of competition, then they will need to do their utmost to stand out from the opposition.
Is SEO important in copywriting?
Is water important for your survival?
The fact is, SEO is the lifeblood of great copywriting.
So what techniques should an SEO copywriting agency use?
One technique that an SEO copywriting agency can employ is to create a blog post that is longer, more informative, and much better than the currently high-ranking blog post.
Similarly, if the keyword you are attempting to rank for isn’t particularly competitive, you may get away with creating a blog post that is not a high word count. This is one reason why it’s going to be absolutely vital that you hire a professional SEO copywriting agency so that they can use their expertise in deciding what length of a blog and what keywords you should be targeting.
An SEO copywriting company will understand keyword research
One of the key skills of an SEO copywriting company will be the ability to conduct keyword research. Just because a keyword is a high volume keyword, this does not mean that you should and target that keyword. An SEO copywriting company should attempt to target a keyword that has commercial intent, keywords like this can deliver cold hard cash right into your pocket.
There is not much point in you targeting a generalized keyword that will deliver lots of traffic, but not traffic that will convert.
Adjusting your copywriting keywords to increase your traffic
For example, an SEO copywriting company should understand that words like hire, top, best, amongst others are going to very important words to incorporate into your overall keyword strategy. Why? Because words like the ones I’ve already listed suggest an intent to purchase or buy some kind of service.
Overall, it is going to be very important that you hire an SEO copywriting company that understands the nuances and skills required in keyword selection.
A content copywriter should create slick and engaging content
You should seek to hire a content copywriter who can write with style and panache. In the modern era, where there is so much content competing for your attention it is going to be absolutely vital that you hire a content copywriter that can captivate and get people to engage with your content.
A content copywriter should be informative, engaging, and possess the ability to entertain readers.
5 bonus tips for writing an SEO page
When website owners or online businesses are trying to get traffic for a particular keyword phrase, one effective method is creating a search engine optimization page. This page can be linked to the footer of a website or be added as another web page in navigation bar. The key, however, is to target a specific keyword phrase with the content (text) that is contained in the page. If creating a search engine results page is something that interests you, these 5 tips may be of help:
So how do I write an SEO page?
1) Start by picking a keyword phrase that is relative to your website. For example, if you are a pet shop owner, your keyword phrase would most likely include the words “pet shop” or “pet store”. Pick words that have a high search volume and that are also relevant to your industry. Google even offers a keyword tool that will tell you the search volume and average search volume for particular keyword phrases.
2) Remember where you are. Instead of targeting the keyword phrase “pet shop” (which all of your competitors are doing), be more specific and target keyword phrases that include your geographic location, like “Los Angeles pet store”. The more specific you are, the more relevant you will be for search queries.
3) Add your keyword phrase as a header. You would be amazed at how many people do not include headers in their web pages. This is bad form as the search engine spiders crawl headers to determine keyword relevancy. It is always a good idea to include your keyword phrases in your headers.
4) Use your keyword phrase in your web page title. This is another overlooked SEO best practice. When creating a search engine optimization page, be sure to add your keyword phrase in the title of your web page. The title tag is another area that search engine spiders crawl regularly. Also, make sure that all of your web pages have titles and that the titles are relevant to the content and keyword phrases displayed on the page.
5) Add outbound links. One thing I like to do when I write search engine optimization pages for my clients is to include outbound links to relevant and highly trafficked websites. I usually include these links under an “additional resources” header as these links are related to the keyword phrases I am targeting. People have a fear of outbound links because they think these links will take traffic away from their websites. However, this is not really true as these links can be set up to open in a new tab or window and are merely added resources to increase the keyword relevancy of the search engine optimization page.
In finishing all I can say is, hire a content copywriter who has a natural style and ability to reel readers in like a fisherman reeling in a large fish.